Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, April 20th. I hope everyone had a restful and relaxing spring break week, as we look to get our students re-engaged in Learning from Home: as we “restart” our Learn from Home model for our Buckaroos, I want to reiterate to you, our parents, that you are doing an awesome, awesome job. We know that during this time, many of you are facing unforeseen challenges. We know this, and are here with you. We want to be a support to you and encourage you through this. You are doing a great job and together, we are going to make it through this! We are here for you. Let us know how we can help!
- A Marlow “Shout-Out” and congratulations to our Marlow K-Kids, whose recent project of collecting canned goods for needy families made the National Kiwanis K-Kids Newsletter, recognizing them for their work and service leadership. A special “shout-out” and thank you also go to our K-Kids faculty sponsors, Ms. Jan Clark and Ms. Hadley McCutcheon. Great job Marlow K-Kids!
- We have seen a tremendous amount of success from all of our students and their ability to engage with their teachers and classmates online through their student Google account. With this success, we look forward to continuing the Learn from Home model in this way. Again, we encourage families that do not have a device at home or for students who need their OWN device, to come and check out a Chromebook here at school during school hours. For K-2 materials distribution Part III, only those students who have been unable to engage in online learning will receive printed materials from teachers in the mail. As always, please do not hesitate to call the school if you have any questions or need support.
Once again, GMES would like to offer its ‘Congratulations’ to the following for their recent recognition:
- The 2020-2021 Marlow Staff Member of the Year, our Media Coordinator, Ms. Dina Waxman,
- The 2020-2021 Instructional Assistant of the Year, our Computer Lab Assistant, Ms. Jo. Pittman,
- And the 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year is our PE Teacher, Mr. Bryan Vaughn!
These are all recognitions well deserved. Congratulations!
Again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional support. Thank you for all that you do. Stay healthy everyone.