Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, February 24th. With the inclement weather and cancellations last week, I hope our Buckaroos enjoyed a long weekend!! We are looking forward to another great week (hopefully a full week) at GMES! Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
- Tuesday, March 3rd, originally scheduled as an Optional Teacher Workday, has now been changed to a full student school day to make up lost instructional hours from last week’s inclement weather and cancellations.
- The fourth annual Marlow Family STEM Night is set for this Thursday, February 27th from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. We have lots of great STEM activities planned that evening, and we hope you can join us!
- Next week, March 2nd – 6th, is National Read Across America Week. To celebrate the week, Glenn Marlow Elementary will be having ‘Spirit Week’. Students and staff are encouraged to show their school spirit each day by dressing up for the designated days:
- Monday (3/2) – Sports Day / Hat Day
- Tuesday (3/3) – GL Color Day – wear the designated color of your grade level
- Kindergarten – Yellow
- First Grade – Orange
- Second Grade – Red
- Third Grade – Green
- Fourth Grade – Purple
- Fifth Grade – Blue
- Wednesday (3/4) – Wacky Wednesday / Mismatch Day
- Thursday (3/5) – Favorite Book Character Day
- Friday (3/6) – Marlow Spirit / Blue and White Day
We hope to see everyone showing their school spirit!!
- “Marlow’s Got Talent”, the one and only talent show for Marlow students, is quickly approaching. Flyers were sent home today, detailing information about practices, rehearsals, and show time. If interested, please make sure that your child returns the flyer to Ms. Karen Whiting (4th Grade Teacher) as soon as possible. The tryout date is set for Tuesday, March 10th, and the Talent Show is scheduled for Friday, March 27th. Please contact Ms. Whiting if you any questions, or for further information.
- The Marlow Spring Scholastic Book Fair is scheduled for next week, March 3rd – 10th. Join us for Family Night on Monday, March 9th, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. We hope to see you there!
- Attention 4th and 5th Grade Parents: The 10th season of the Marlow Run Club will begin on Monday, March 16th but registration must be completed no later than Wednesday, February 26th. There will not be any exceptions once the deadline passes, so please don’t delay if your child would like to participate. It is open to all 4th and 5th grade boys and girls. Run Club payments can be made online through the Online Payment link under the Parent Information tab of our school website, but students MUST complete a Marlow Rub Club registration form. If you need a form either contact Mr. Kinsey at email@example.com, or have your child stop by his room to pick one up. Thank you!
- Because of the missed school days last week, 3rd Quarter midterms will be distributed and/or made available on the Parent Portal on Wednesday, February 27th. As always, parents, please take this time to talk with your child about his or her academic progress, your plans for continued success, upcoming class assignments, and strategies to improve performance as we prepare for your child’s achievement throughout the year. Grades 3-5 parents, if you are having trouble logging into the Parent Portal, please contact Karen Galloway here at school for further assistance. If you would like a paper copy of the midterm, please send in a request of one to your child’s teacher.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.