Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, February 10th. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We hope to stay dry this week!
Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
- This week is School Bus Driver Appreciation Week! I want to send a huge Marlow SHOUT-OUT to all the Marlow bus drivers, including some teachers, custodians, and administrators! I cannot say enough about these people, and the job they do each day, braving the elements, ensuring our students get to and from school safely. They are such an important part of our school family, so if you get a chance this week, please let our bus drivers know how much we appreciate them! Thank you!
- As a reminder, please make sure that you and your child are taking the proper steps necessary to stay healthy during this time of year. We are seeing an uptick in the number of students out sick these last few weeks, and we want to be sure we are doing all we can to stay healthy. Routinely washing your hands with soap and water, covering your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing, keeping your distance from others who may be sick, and wiping down and disinfecting surfaces that may contain germs, are just a few preventative steps you can take to ensure your children and your household remain as healthy as possible. If your child is sick, we ask that you keep him/her at home until they have been fever free and vomit free for 24 hours. Thank you, in advance, for being proactive in these actions that help control the spread of germs and illnesses in our school.
- Our STEM Committee at Marlow is selling Marlow STEM wear. Our STEM program has grown exponentially over the last 4 years. This year alone, we have served over 150 students in our STEM Club. We also lead a school wide STEM challenge and a STEM Night for our students, families, and community, and we do all of this at no charge. The sale of the Marlow STEM wear helps fund these activities. Please consider purchasing a Marlow STEM wear item to support STEM at Marlow. Our goal is to sell 100 pieces of Marlow STEM Wear. They are available on the Marlow Wear website; just scroll down to see the STEM wear. Orders must be placed by Sunday, February 9. Thanks for your consideration.
- This is a message from Deputy Mitch Jacobson, a School Resource Officer for HCPS, stationed at West Henderson High School: “West Henderson is having a Parents Night Out. This is sponsored by the SheepDog Club at West Henderson High School, and the proceeds go to the WHHS SheepDog Scholarship.. Thank you for your support!”
- The Marlow K-Kids are once again selling Candy Grams. Candy Grams are $0.50, and students should have received an order sheet last week. Just fill out the form and send your money in. Sales go until February 11th. Thanks for supporting our Marlow K-Kids!
- The Marlow PTO has set up an Amazon Smile account! If you shop Amazon, register the Marlow PTO on Amazon Smile and a portion of your purchases will go directly to the PTO. Sign up with your Amazon account today, and THANK YOU for supporting our school!
- As a reminder to parents, if you writing a check to the Marlow Cafeteria for your child’s lunch account, please be sure to include a phone number on the check, in order for it to be processed. Thank you for your help with this!
- Parents please do not forget that at any point in the school year, you can turn in your Free and Reduced lunch forms, if you see fit. You can come to the office and get a form, or you can submit your form online at the Lunch Application website. These completed forms help us receive federal funding to help pay for teachers, tutors, and instructional resources for our students. Marlow Elementary did not receive this funding this year, so we are looking to have as many families submit an application as possible to get the funding next year. Even if your child only occasionally purchases lunch from the cafeteria, every submitted application helps. A reminder to look at the chart on the front of the form, and as stated earlier, if you see fit, please fill out the form and return with your child. Thank you in advance for your help.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.