Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, February 3rd. I hope everyone had a great weekend (even though our weekend started earlier than normal thanks to Mother Nature), and is looking forward to another great week at GMES!!
Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
- The 2nd Quarter A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition Ceremony for 3rd- 5th grade has been rescheduled for Wednesday, February 5th at 1:30pm in the Gym.
- Our STEM Committee at Marlow is selling Marlow STEM Wear. Our STEM program has grown exponentially over the last 4 years. This year alone, we have served over 150 students in our STEM Club. We also lead a school wide STEM challenge and a STEM Night for our students, families, and community, and we do all of this at no charge. The sale of the Marlow STEM Wear helps fund these activities. Please consider purchasing a Marlow STEM Wear item to support STEM at Marlow. Our goal is to sell 100 pieces of Marlow STEM Wear. Go to the Marlow Wear website and scroll down to see the STEM Wear. Orders must be placed by Sunday, February 9. Thanks for your consideration.
- This is a message from Deputy Mitch Jacobson, a School Resource Officer for HCPS, stationed at West Henderson High School: “WHHS is having a Parents Night Out. This is sponsored by the SheepDog Club at West Henderson High School, and the proceeds go to the WHHS SheepDog Scholarship. Thank you for your support!” Take a look at the Parents Night Out event flyer for more information.
- The Marlow K-Kids are once again selling Candy Grams. Candy Grams are $0.50, and students should have received an order sheet last week. Just fill out the form and send your money in. Sales go until February 11th. Thanks for supporting our Marlow K-Kids!!
- The Marlow PTO has set up an Amazon Smile account! If you shop Amazon, register the Marlow PTO on Amazon Smile and a portion of your purchases will go directly to the PTO. You can visit the Marlow Smile website directly, or you can go to Amazon’s Smile website and search Marlow PTO. Sign up with your Amazon account today, and THANK YOU for supporting our school!
- Once again, our Lost and Found has grown by leaps and bounds. Parents, if you are in the building, please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family. Also remind your children to look there if there is something they cannot find at home. Thank you in advance.
- As a reminder to parents, if you writing a check to the Marlow Cafeteria for your child’s lunch account, please be sure to include a phone number on the check, in order for it to be processed. Thank you for your help with this!!
- Parents please do not forget that at any point in the school year, you can turn in your Free and Reduced lunch forms, if you see fit. You can come to the office and get a form, or you can submit your form online at the Lunch Application website. These completed forms help us receive federal funding to help pay for teachers, tutors, and instructional resources for our students. Marlow Elementary did not receive this funding this year, so we are looking to have as many families submit an application as possible to get the funding next year. Even if your child does only occasionally purchase a lunch from the cafeteria, every submitted application helps. A reminder to look at the chart on the front of the form, and as stated earlier, if you see fit, please fill out the form and return with your child. Thank you in advance for your help.
- At the January Henderson School Board meeting, board members approved the calendar for the 2020–2021 school year. I encourage all of you to take a look at this calendar as you begin to make summer plans as well as other plans for next year. You can find the 2020-2021 Traditional School calendar on the HCPS website.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.