Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, January 27th. I hope everyone had a great weekend, and is looking forward to another great week at GMES! Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
- The Marlow PTO has set up an Amazon Smile account! If you shop Amazon, register the Marlow PTO on Amazon Smile and a portion of your purchases will go directly to the PTO. You can access this at the Marlow PTO Amazon Smile webpage. Sign up with your Amazon account today, and thank you for supporting our school!
- The 2nd Quarter A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition Ceremony for 3rd-5th grade will take place on Friday, January 31st at 1:30 pm in the Gym. Invitations will be sent home this week.
- Once again, our Lost and Found has grown by leaps and bounds. Parents, if you are in the building, please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family. Also remind your children to look in Lost and Found if something cannot be found at home. Thank you in advance.
- As a reminder to parents, if you writing a check to the Marlow cafeteria for your child’s lunch account, please be sure to include a phone number on the check, in order for it to be processed. Thank you for your help with this!
- Parents please do not forget that at any point in the school year, you can turn in your Free and Reduced lunch forms, if you see fit. You can come to the office and get a form, or you can submit your form online. These completed forms help us receive federal funding to help pay for teachers, tutors, and instructional resources for our students. Marlow Elementary did not receive this funding this year, so we are looking to have as many families submit an application as possible to get the funding next year. Even if your child only occasionally purchases a lunch from the cafeteria, every submitted application helps. A reminder to look at the chart on the front of the form, and as stated earlier, if you see fit, please fill out the form and return with your child. Thank you in advance for your help.
- At the January Henderson School Board meeting, board members approved the calendar for the 2020–2021 school year. I encourage all of you to take a look at this calendar as you begin to make summer plans as well as other plans for next year. You can find the 2020-2021 Traditional School calendar on the HCPS website.
- Glenn Marlow Elementary School is once again collecting used children’s books for the Smart Start book sale on Saturday, February 29th. Proceeds from this sale are used to purchase new age-appropriate books, which are mailed to preschool children in Henderson County each month through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. Please deposit your donated books in the Smart Start collection boxes located at the front entrance and plan to attend the sale on February 29th at Grace Lutheran Church. Thank you for helping our young children instill a love of reading!
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.