Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, January 20th. I hope everyone had a great weekend, and our Buckaroos are enjoying the long weekend with no school!
Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
- At the Henderson School Board meeting last week, board members approved the calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. I encourage all of you to take a look at this calendar as you begin to make summer plans as well as additional plans for next year. You can find the 2020-2021 Traditional School calendar on the HCPS website.
- The Henderson County Education Foundation is once again hosting “Food for Thought – Dine Out for Education” to benefit Henderson County Public Schools. All this week, January 20th – 24th, participating restaurants across the county will donate a percentage of sales to the HCEF. A flyer with all participating restaurants can be found on the HCEF website. Thank you for your support!
- The Marlow Kiwanis Kids Club is once again sponsoring a canned soup drive to benefit Interfaith Assistance Ministries from now until January 24th. They are asking for all students to bring in donations of canned soup, and place them the boxes located on each hallway. Thank you so much for your help!
- This Friday, January 24th, 2nd Quarter report cards will be available for parents. Please take this time to look over it with your child, celebrate their successes, and have conversations with them where they may need improvement. We are very proud of all of our Buckaroos, and want each of them to achieve success here at Glenn Marlow. Please remember that all grades are not final until Friday, January 24th. If you are having trouble viewing your child’s grade in PowerSchool in the Parent Portal, please call Karen Galloway, our Data Manager, here at the school at 654-3225. The 2nd Quarter A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition Ceremony for 3rd-5th grade will take place on Friday, January 31st at 1:30pm in the Gym.
- As a reminder to parents, if you writing a check to the Marlow Cafeteria for your child’s lunch account, please be sure to include a phone number on the check, in order for it to be processed. Thank you for your help with this!
- Glenn Marlow Elementary School is once again collecting used children’s books for the Smart Start book sale on Saturday, February 29th. Proceeds from this sale are used to purchase new age-appropriate books, which are mailed to preschool children in Henderson County each month through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. Please deposit your donated books in the Smart Start collection boxes located at the front entrance and plan to attend the sale on February 29th at Grace Lutheran Church. Thank you for helping our young children instill a love of reading!
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.