Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. We had a great week last week: a big Marlow “shout-out” to our cafeteria manager, Robin Bryans, and her staff for another fantastic Christmas lunch last Thursday. Thank you to all the parents who were to join us, and all of our volunteers. It was a great day!
One week to go until the holiday break so let’s have a great week. Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- Tonight, the staff at Glenn Marlow Elementary is going caroling throughout the Marlow District!! We will be at the following locations:
- 6:00pm at the Mills River Ingles
- 6:20 at the Boiling Springs Baptist Church on Fanning Bridge Road
- 6:45 at the Ingles in Fletcher
- 7:10 at the Riverstone Clubhouse
- 7:25 at the Glens at Aberdeen Clubhouse
- 7:40 at the Hollabrook Clubhouse.
Please see the attached flyer and spread the word! We hope to see you at these locations as we give back to you, and get everyone in the holiday spirit!!
- Parents, with several holiday activities and parties happening this week at school, please remember to have your photo ID ready at the front office if you are signing your child out for dismissal before the 3:00 bell. With a new sign-out procedure in place, we want to encourage parents to get a “blue dismissal ticket” at the front office before heading down to the classroom. With this ticket, parents will be able to dismiss their child directly from the classroom. If you did not get a blue ticket, you will need to come back to the front office to dismiss your child. Thank you so much for your help with this new safety measure.
- Just a reminder that Friday, December 20th, will be a noon dismissal for students as we break for the Holidays. There will be no PSPM on Friday.
We hope to see you all tonight on the Marlow Staff Caroling trail! Due to the Holiday break, there will be no Marlow Monday Message on Dec. 22nd or Dec. 29th. From all of us here at Glenn Marlow Elementary School, we hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.