Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. Yes, the holiday season is in full swing, and there is a lot going on here at Marlow over the next two weeks. Stay involved and enjoy these times with loved ones. They are truly invaluable!
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- Holiday MOVIE NIGHT is scheduled for this Friday, Dec. 13th, beginning at 6 pm. Parents, what an opportunity you have to get some Christmas shopping done, enjoy an evening out, or run those last couple of errands before the weekend. Flyers will be sent home this week, and once again, all registration and payment will be done online. We hope to see all of our Buckaroos there!!
- As a reminder to our 3rd, 4th, 5th grade, and Ms. Burnette’s class parents, the Christmas lunch in the Cafeteria is scheduled for next Thursday, December 12th. Don’t forget to get your RSVP sheets turned in to your teacher before Wednesday, December 11th. We hope to see you all there! G4 and G5 parents: please pay attention to the time change for lunch to accommodate all of our guests. Also, we are in need of parent volunteers that day to help serve food, as well as deliver lunches to K-2 classrooms. If you can help out, please contact Brandi Delancey, our PTO Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Thanks so much!!
- The staff at Glenn Marlow Elementary is once again going caroling throughout the Marlow District!! Yes, that’s right, our staff is loading up the bus and heading out to sing Christmas carols to our Marlow students and community. On Monday, December 16th, we will be at the following locations:
- 6:00pm at the Mills River Ingles
- 6:20pm at the Boiling Springs Baptist Church on Fanning Bridge Road
- 6:45pm at the Ingles in Fletcher
- 7:10pm at the Riverstone Clubhouse
- 7:25pm at the Glens at Aberdeen Clubhouse
- 7:40pm at the Hollabrook Clubhouse
- All times are approximate, and may vary either way. We hope to see you at these locations as we give back to you, and get everyone in the holiday spirit!
- On Friday, December 13th, all Marlow staff members will be treated to a Christmas lunch here at school, and we need your help. We are in need of several parents from each grade level to come in and help me supervise students in the cafeteria during lunch while their teachers and staff members enjoy theirs, duty-free! If you are able to help out, please contact me at the school, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Martha Dotti our PTO Classroom Parent Coordinator at email@example.com. Come and enjoy lunch with your child and help our teachers and staff enjoy their lunch as well. Thank you in advance for your help.
- Don’t forget to visit the Lost and Found, located at the Gym entrance. This time of year, our lost and found grows by leaps and bounds because of the cold mornings and warm afternoons. Please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family. Thank you in advance.
- Looking for a last minute gift for our Buckaroos? Order some Marlow spirit wear and have it ready before Christmas. Although embroidery items cannot be completed, all other orders can be ready before Christmas if ordered before Thursday. Just go to the Spirit Wear Website to order!
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of November and into December. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Thursday, December 12th: Christmas Lunch in Cafeteria, Grades 3-5 Parents Invited
- Friday, December 13th: Holiday Movie Night @ GMES
- Monday, December 16th: Marlow Staff Christmas Caroling through the community
- Friday, December 20th: Noon Dismissal for Students
- December 23 – January 3rd: Christmas Break
Have a great night. Thank you for all you do.