Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend.
What a great week we had last week! We had an enormous crowd here at Marlow for Thanksgiving lunch last Thursday with over 630 meals were served! Wow! Thank you to all of our K-2 parents who came out, and a huge Marlow “shout-out” to Ms. Robin Bryans, our cafeteria manager, and her crew on the amazing job they did to get it all prepared and served. Thank you as well to the several parents that came out to help sign in, take tickets, or help serve that day. Your help and time is always appreciated! We look ahead to hosting our 3-5 parents for Christmas lunch, scheduled for Thursday, December 12th. Mark your calendar and we hope to see you all there! Thank you.
Here are this week’s news and announcements:
- Our Turkey Trot Food Drive was a great success! As a school, we collected over 785 food items! We will be able to provide meals for all our Backpack Bunch families for Thanksgiving and the longer holiday break in December! We are so thankful for the generosity of our Marlow Family! Thank you so much!
- We still have some extra bags of Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn in the office for sale. At a discounted price of $13 a bag, you can take home a few extra popcorn bags for the holidays. Please come to the front office if interested.
- Parents: Glenn Marlow Elementary School is looking for some great substitute teachers to be available when our teachers are out. If you are looking to be more involved in the school AND get paid for it, getting on the sub list is a great way to do just that. This does not commit you to 5 days a week, all the time. As a substitute, you have the freedom to work when your schedule allows you, and you get to spend the day at the best school with the best students and staff in North Carolina. Questions about it? Email me, John Hart, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at school (828) 654-3225. Thanks so much!
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of November and into December. Please mark these on your calendar:
- November 27 – November 29: Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, December 4th: Q2 Midterms Distributed/Made Available
- Thursday, December 12th: Christmas Lunch in Cafeteria, Grades 3-5 Parents Invited
- Monday, December 16th: Marlow Staff Christmas caroling through the Marlow community (more information to follow)
- Friday, December 20th: Noon dismissal for students
- December 23 – January 3rd: Winter Break
Thank you for all you do. It is hard to believe that we are already at Thanksgiving Break, and with that, an opportunity for me to express to you how thankful I am for all of you: our amazing students, staff, parents, and community. We are an ‘A’-mazing school because of the hard work and effort that our students, teachers, staff, and parents put in every day. All of you make a positive difference, and for that, I am most thankful. Have a wonderful and restful holiday break.