Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. We have a great week ahead of us. Students, keep up the great work and have fun while you do it! Let’s finish strong as the Thanksgiving Break approaches.
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- The Turkey Trot Food Drive is in full swing and going strong!!! Please consider donating specific grade level items that you will have listed on a flyer sent home last week! We invite your child to drop the items off in the “Big Turkey” box in the middle of each grade level hallway during this drive from now until November 22nd. Also, check out our Turkey Themed progress poster by the cafeteria showing the progress toward our collection goal! If you have other ideas for outreach at our school, or you would like to continue helping BackPack Bunch, please contact school counselor, Valerie Richman, at 654-3225.
- This Thursday is Thanksgiving Thursday in our cafeteria for our KI, 1st, 2nd, and Ms. King’s class parents. KI, 1st, 2nd and Ms. King’s class parents, a reminder that if you plan on attending, please return a completed form back to your child’s teacher no later than Tuesday, Nov. 19th. We hope to see you there!
- Our Poppy Gourmet Popcorn fundraiser was a great success! Thank you to all who sold and purchased popcorn. With your participation, we were able to purchase two sensory paths that will be installed in the coming weeks. We appreciate you! Popcorn pick-up will be this Thursday, November 21st, from 11am – 4pm outside the Gym. Please make sure that you sign in the front office to pick up your popcorn.
- While you are here this week, don’t forget to visit the Lost and Found, located at the Gym entrance. This time of year, our lost and found grows by leaps and bounds, please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family this week. Thank you in advance.
- This Friday, Glenn Marlow Elementary will once again have its annual ‘Day of Change’ to benefit WNC Blue Ridge Honor Air. On this day, we ask all students to fill their plastic bags they receive on Thursday with coins and/or loose change and bring it in to school, so that we can help our Veterans participate in the Blue Ridge Honor Air Flight, flying them to Washington, DC to visit the war memorials. Over the course of several years that Marlow has been involved with this, we have raised in more than $4000 to assist our Veterans. A great day for a great cause. Thank you for your support.
- Parents: Glenn Marlow Elementary School is looking for some great substitute teachers to be available when our teachers are out. If you are looking to be more involved in the school AND get paid for it, getting on the sub list is a great way to do just that. This does not commit you to 5 days a week, all the time. As a substitute, you have the freedom to work when your schedule allows you, and you get to spend the day at the best school with the best students and staff in North Carolina. Questions about it? Email me, John Hart, at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call me at school (828) 654-3225. Thanks so much!
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of November and into December. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Thursday, November 21st: Thanksgiving Lunch in the Cafeteria for K-2 Parents
- Thursday, November 21st: Poppy Gourmet Popcorn pick-up 10am – 4pm at the gym
- Friday, November 22nd: Marlow ‘Day of Change’ for Blue Ridge Honor Air Flight
- November 27 – November 29: Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, December 4th: Q2 Midterms Distributed/Made Available
- Thursday, December 12th: Christmas Lunch in the Cafeteria for 3-5 Parents
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.