Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful Veterans Day weekend. From all of us at Glenn Marlow Elementary School, we say ‘thank you’ to all of our Veterans for your service, commitment, and sacrifice for our country. We truly appreciate and honor you for all that you have done and continue to do. Without you, we would not be the ‘home of the free’, and the ‘land of the brave’. #HonorOurVets
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- This week, November 12 – 18, is our Winter Wonderland Fall Scholastic Book Fair! As always, families are welcome to stop by the book fair during its open hours, 7:45 am – 4:00 pm, to take a look at the wonderful books for sale. Family Night will take place from 5-7 pm on Tuesday, November 12th, and will offer activities, games, and best of all books! All book fair proceeds benefit our school and help to purchase new books and technology. We hope to see you there! A special shout-out to our 5th graders who have been working on ‘Winter Art’ this week and next. Their work will be on display all during the Book Fair, so please be sure to stop and take a look!!
- The Turkey Trot Food Drive is in full swing and going strong!!! Please consider donating specific grade level items that you will have listed on a flyer sent home last week! We invite your child to drop the items off in the “BIG Turkey” box in the middle of each grade level hallway during this drive from now until November 22nd. Also, check out our Turkey Themed progress poster by the cafeteria showing the progress toward our collection goal! If you have other ideas for outreach at our school, or you would like to continue helping BackPack Bunch, please contact school counselor, Valerie Richman at 654-3225.
- Great job to all of our Buckaroos selling Poppy Gourmet Popcorn these last few weeks!! The final collection is tomorrow, Tuesday November 12th, so be sure to bring in all order forms and turn them in to your teacher.
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of October and into November. Please mark these on your calendar:
- November 12 – November 18: Scholastic Book Fair @ Marlow
- Tuesday, November 12th: Family Night @ the Book Fair; 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday, November 21st: Thanksgiving Lunch in the Cafeteria for K-2 Parents
- November 27 – November 29: Thanksgiving Break
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.