Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween on Thursday night, and restful weekend! We certainly had some great weather for it!!
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- The Marlow BackPack Bunch provides food on a weekly basis for Marlow children in need. To help stock our pantry and provide Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, Marlow Elementary is once again hosting a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot Food Drive! Please consider donating specific grade level items that was listed on a flyer that went home on Friday. We invite your child to drop the items off in the “BIG Turkey” box in the middle of each grade level hallway during this drive from November 4 until November 22. Also, check out our Turkey Themed progress poster by the cafeteria showing the progress toward our collection goal! If you have other ideas for outreach at our school, or you would like to continue helping BackPack Bunch, please contact school counselor, Valerie Richman at 654-3225. Thank you so much!
- Fall Make-up Picture Day is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, November 5th. This is for those students who were absent on the first Picture Day, any new students, or students who would just like another picture taken. If taking advantage of Make-up Picture Day, please be sure to hand in the re-take order form with your payment.
- Don’t forget about the Marlow PTO holding its third annual Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn Sale going on now through November 11th. Our goal of raising $10,000 and purchasing sensory paths for our students is certainly attainable, so get your popcorn orders in today. The top 5 classes with the most number of sales will win a popcorn party!! The top 2 teachers win a $25 gift card of their choice! Let’s go!!!
- The 1st Quarter A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition Ceremony for 3rd- 5th grade will take place on Friday, November 8th at 8:30 am in the Gym. Invitations will be sent home this week.
- Our Marlow Book Club will have its Family Night on Tuesday, November 5th from 5:30-7:00 pm to discuss its first book, Out of My Mind, by Sharon M. Draper. We will have refreshments and many fun activities based on the book and its characters. We look forward to seeing our participating families who have spent the last month reading this amazing book! Please remember to bring your book with you, as well as a favorite quote!
- Next week, November 12th – 18th, is our Winter Wonderland Fall Scholastic Book Fair! As always, families are welcome to stop by the book fair during its open hours, 7:45 am – 4:00 pm, to take a look at the wonderful books for sale. Family Night will take place from 5-7 pm on Tuesday, November 12th, and will offer activities, games, and best of all books! All book fair proceeds benefit our school and help to purchase new books and technology. We hope to see you there! A special shout-out to our 5th graders who have been working on ‘Winter Art’ this week and next. Their work will be on display all during the Book Fair, so please be sure to stop and take a look!!
Here are some upcoming dates heading into November. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Tuesday, November 5th: Make-up Picture Day
- Friday, November 8th: 1st Quarter G3-G5 A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition 8:30 am in the Gym
- Monday, November 11th: Veterans Day: No School for Students and Staff
- November 12 – November 18: Scholastic Book Fair at Marlow
- Tuesday, November 12th: Family Night at the Book Fair; 5 pm – 7 pm
- November 27 – November 29: Thanksgiving Break
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.