Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful long weekend. And just like that, here comes November! We have had a great first quarter of school so far, and I am so proud of all our students for their hard work and love of learning they show each week. It is truly something special to walk into classrooms and see students working hard and actively engaged in school. You all should be very proud! Keep up the great work!
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- A big ‘Shout-out’ goes to all of our Marlow PTO parents who put on a fantastic Pumpkin Lighting event this past week. It was great work by everyone, and it was a great night! Thank you to everyone who came out, and a big thank you to all for making that a wonderful school and community event!!
- Don’t forget about the Marlow PTO holding its third annual Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn Sale going on through November 11th. Our goal of raising $10,000 and purchasing sensory paths for our students is certainly attainable, so get your popcorn orders in today. The top 5 classes with the most number of sales will win a popcorn party!! The top 2 teachers win a $25 gift card of their choice! Let’s go!!!
- Report Cards will be sent made available to parents this Friday, November 1st. Please take this time to look over it with your child, celebrate their successes, and have conversations with them where they may need improvement. We are very proud of all of our Buckaroos, and want each of them to achieve success here at Glenn Marlow. Please remember that all grades are not final until Friday, November 1. If you are having trouble viewing your child’s grade in PowerSchool in the Parent Portal, please call Karen Galloway, our Data Manager, here at the school at 654-3225.
- The 1st Quarter A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition Ceremony for 3rd- 5th grade will take place on Friday, November 8th at 8:30 am in the Gym.
- Fall Make-up Picture Day is scheduled for next Tuesday, November 5th. This is for those students who were absent on the first Picture Day, any new students, or students who would just like another picture taken. Please see your teacher for order forms.
- Our Marlow Book Club will have its first Family Night on Tuesday, November 5th from 5:30 – 7:00 pm, in the Media Center, to discuss its first book, Out of My Mind, by Sharon M. Draper. We will have refreshments and many fun activities based on the book and its characters. We look forward to seeing our participating families who have spent the last month reading this amazing book! Those that have signed up, please remember to bring your book, as well as a favorite quote!
- Parents: We love having you all (and grandparents) come and join us for lunch during the day. Please remember that any outside food from restaurants is not allowed in the cafeteria. We thank you for your consideration of this.
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of October and into November. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Friday, November 1st: 1st Quarter Report Cards Made Available
- Tuesday, November 5th: Make-up Picture Day
- Friday, November 8th: 1st Quarter G3-G5 A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition 8:30am in the Gym
- Monday, November 11th: Veterans Day: No School for Students and Staff
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.