Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- This week is National School Bus Safety Week! This week, we want all of our Marlow bus riders to focus on school bus safety. That includes:
- arriving to the bus stop early,
- being visible at the stop,
- wear your seat belt while on the bus,
- keep the aisles clear of books and book bags
- remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop
- Utilizing these safety measures will ensure everyone will get to and from school in a safe and timely manner. Keep up the great work, Buckaroos!!!
- This week is also Pumpkin Lighting Week at Marlow. We look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday evening from 5:30 pm – 8 pm for great food, games, raffle baskets, inflatables, hay ride and s’mores, our cake walk, and our amazing pumpkin displays our students have been working on all week. Raffle Baskets are on display in the front office this week, and tickets are on sale now through Thursday night. Attached to this email is a description of the baskets. Students, we do encourage you to wear your costumes on Thursday night, but remember, no masks are allowed. Volunteers are still needed for the evening. If you are able to assist in any way, please email Brandi Delancey. our PTO Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
- At the same time, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will be taking the 1st Quarter Benchmark and NC Check-In test. In an effort to provide our students the best testing environment possible, we are asking all parents to not come into the building to prepare for Pumpkin Lighting until 10:30, when all tests are complete. Again, this will allow our students to do their best on these assessments without distraction. Thank you for your consideration this week.
- The Marlow PTO will hold its annual Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn Sale beginning today, October 21st. Packets went home with students today, with a goal of raising $10,000, enough to purchase two sensory paths for our hallways, something that all of our Buckaroos can benefit from if needed. Order forms are included in the packet. Please return the order form with payment inside. Popcorn sales will last through November 11th, and the top 5 classes with the most number of sales will win a popcorn party!! With each student buying or selling at least 3 bags of popcorn, we achieve our goal!! If you need more order forms, please see Ms. Spray at the front desk. Let’s make it happen!!
- Don’t forget to purchase your 2019 – 2020 Marlow yearbook, on sale now! All yearbook orders are online this year, and prices start at $17 with add-ons available for additional charges. Order your yearbook today!!
- Parents, if you are in the building this week, don’t forget to visit the Lost and Found by the Gym entrance. Please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family. Thank you in advance.
- A reminder to all parents and/or grandparents coming into school to eat lunch with our Buckaroos: outside food from restaurants and fast food establishments is not allowed. Thank you for your help with this.
- Don’t forget about the Marlow Spirit Wear – the link is now live, and ready for consumers! Just visit the Marlow Spirit Wear website, and order your Marlow spirit wear today!!
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of October and into November. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Tuesday, October 22nd: Flu Clinic @ Marlow
- Thursday, October 24th: Marlow’s ‘Pumpkin Lighting’ Festival 5:30 pm – 8 pm
- Friday, October 25th: Noon Dismissal for students (End of Q1 Grading Period)
- Monday, October 28th: No school for students.Teacher District Professional Development Day.
- Friday, November 1st: 1st Quarter Report Cards Made Available
- Friday, November 8th: 1st Quarter G3-G5 A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition 8:30 am Gym
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.