Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students: I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. Love that fall weather! Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- This week is National School Lunch Week, a week where we recognize and celebrate the school lunch programs that provide our students with a well-balanced meal each day, helping them maintain a healthy lifestyle that will help them succeed both inside and outside the classroom. As a reminder, you can proactively view our lunch menu on the HCPS website.
If needed, we also hope that you have completed a Free/Reduced lunch form. These completed forms help us receive federal funding to help pay for teachers, tutors, and instructional resources for our students. Free and reduced lunch forms can also be completed online, so you may submit your form that way if you so choose. The link may be reached through the HCPS website, click on the Apple “Menu” icon, choose “Home” click on “Meal Applications” icon and then click on the Lunch Application icon. Even if you never purchase a school lunch, I still want to encourage you to complete a form. Thank you in advance for your help.
- Don’t forget to purchase your 2019-2020 Marlow yearbook, on sale now! All yearbook orders are online this year, and prices start at $17 with add-ons available for additional charges. Order your yearbook today!
- There will be a K-Kids Meeting this Thursday, October 17th from 3:00 – 3:45. The K-Kids have been collecting new and gently used blankets for those in need this winter season, and will continue through this Wednesday. Thank you K-Kids for your work!
- Next week is Pumpkin Lighting Week at Glenn Marlow. We look forward to seeing everyone next Thursday evening, October 24th from 5:30 pm-8 pm for great food, games, inflatables, raffle baskets, hay rides, a cake walk, and our amazing pumpkin displays our students have been working on all week. Raffle Baskets are on display in the front office this week, and tickets are on sale now through Thursday night. It is always a great event put on by our amazing PTO. We hope to see everyone there!
- Parents, if you are in the building this week, don’t forget to visit the Lost and Found by the Gym entrance. Please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family. Thank you in advance.
- Don’t forget about the Marlow spirit wear – the link is now live, and ready for consumers! Just visit our Marlow Spirit Wear website and order your Marlow spirit wear today!!
- Henderson County Department of Public Health School Nurses will be offering injectable flu vaccines at your child’s school during the school day. Flu is very contagious and children can be sick with the flu for a week or more, which may cause them to miss valuable school time. I would encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to have your child vaccinated. The flu clinic for Glenn C. Marlow will be on Tuesday, October 22nd. To access more information, go to the Henderson County Flu website, then click on “School Vaccine Clinics.” Please read the Vaccine Information Statement and Notice of Privacy. Your child has brought home a copy of the Flu Vaccine Consent Form for you to complete. These forms must be returned to your child’s school by 4:00 pm on October 16th. If the school nurse does not receive the completed permission forms by this deadline, your child will not receive the vaccine. We are unable to vaccinate anyone without completed paperwork. We now file most major insurances, check the website for specific insurances are in network. If you have any questions, contact your school nurse, Kim Ball at 654-3225.
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of October. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Tuesday, October 22nd: Flu Clinic @ Marlow
- Thursday, October 24th: Marlow’s ‘Pumpkin Lighting’ Festival 5:30pm – 8pm
- Friday, October 25th: Noon Dismissal for students (End of Q1 Grading Period)
- Monday, October 28th: No school for students. Teacher District Professional Development Day.
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.