Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. Love the Fall weather!!! We had a great crowd also assembled Friday night for Movie Night- over 200 students were here enjoying pizza, popcorn, and a movie with their friends. We hope you all will join us again when we do it in December.
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- Our Fall Open House is tonight, beginning at 5:30. This is an exciting time for our parents to come in and see the great things our students have been doing over the last several weeks. We will begin our evening in the Gym at 5:30 with Mr. Hart, and then be broken up into two classroom sessions: 5:45 and 6:20. We are looking forward to a great night and hope to see you there!
- Parents, if you are in the building this week, don’t forget to visit the Lost and Found by the Gym entrance. Please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family. Thank you in advance.
- Don’t forget about the Marlow Spirit Wear- the link is now live, and ready for consumers! Just visit the Marlow Spirit Wear website, and order your Marlow spirit wear today!!
- Henderson County Department of Public Health School Nurses will be offering injectable flu vaccines at your child’s school during the school day. Flu is very contagious and children can be sick with the flu for a week or more, which may cause them to miss valuable school time. I would encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to have your child vaccinated. The flu clinic for Glenn C. Marlow will be on Tuesday, October 22nd. To access more information, go to the Henderson County Flu website, then click on School Vaccine Clinics. Please read the Vaccine Information Statement and Notice of Privacy. Your child has brought home a copy of the Flu Vaccine Consent Form for you to complete. These forms must be returned to your child’s school by 4:00 pm on October 16th. If the school nurse does not receive the completed permission forms by this deadline, your child will not receive the vaccine. We are unable to vaccinate anyone without completed paperwork. We now file most major insurances; check the website for specific insurances that are in network. If you have any questions, contact your school nurse, Kim Ball at 654-3225.
- As a reminder, please utilize these safety tips and practices while at school. Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe, and although sometimes inconvenient, these practices are in place for everyone.
- Please remember that anyone signing out a student other than the parents must be on their green contact sheet in the front office.
- Everyone must bring proper identification to the office to sign a child out.
- Please do not let your children cross the school driveway road by themselves in the mornings or afternoons.
- In the morning car rider line, when the blue tardy sign comes out on the sidewalk at 8:00am, parents must walk their child inside and sign them in.
- These are measures that we all must take to ensure that are students are safe while here at school. Thank you so much for your cooperation in this
Here are some upcoming dates for the rest of October. Please mark these on your calendar:
Tuesday, October 22nd: Flu Clinic @ Marlow
Thursday, October 24th: Marlow’s ‘Pumpkin Lighting’ Festival 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday, October 25th: Noon Dismissal for students (End of Q1 Grading Period)
Monday, October 28th: No school for students (Teacher District Professional Development Day)
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.