Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students. I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. Happy October! I know we are all looking for a little relief from the unseasonably warm weather recently. Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- This week is Custodian Appreciation Week at Marlow, and we want to send a Marlow “shout-out” to Mr. Eddie, Mr. Neil, Mr. Kendrix, and Ms. Tammy for their work making our buildings and grounds look fantastic! They do many jobs over the course of the day, and are asked to many more, and we appreciate them! Parents and students, please let them know how much we appreciate them this week!
- Our first Movie Night is coming up this Friday, October 4th. Students, join us for pizza, drinks, popcorn, and a movie with your friends from 6:00-8:30pm that night. A reminder that all Movie Night payments are online this year. Registration will close on Thursday night, so get your child registered today! Instructions for online registration and payment are on the back of the Movie Night flyer sent home last week.
- Next Monday, October 7th, will be our Fall Open House from 5:30-7:00 pm. This is an exciting time for our parents to come in and see the great things our students have been doing over the last several weeks. We will begin our evening in the Gym at 5:30 with Mr. Hart, and then be broken up into two classroom sessions: 5:45 and 6:20. We are looking forward to a great night and hope to see you there!
- The Marlow Spirit Wear webpage is now live, and ready for consumers! Order your Marlow spirit wear today!!
- Please remember to have your child check the lost and found here at school if they have left clothing behind. Lost and found is located at the gym entrance, and it is already beginning to fill up! Parents are also encouraged to come and check as well. It is helpful that students put their names inside their clothing, so that they can be easily identified if left behind.
- Henderson County Department of Public Health School Nurses will be offering injectable flu vaccines at your child’s school during the school day. Flu is very contagious and children can be sick with the flu for a week or more, which may cause them to miss valuable school time. I would encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to have your child vaccinated. The flu clinic for Glenn C. Marlow will be on Tuesday, October 22nd. To access more information, go to the Henderson County Flu webpage , then click on “School Vaccine Clinics.” Please read the Vaccine Information Statement and Notice of Privacy. Your child has brought home a copy of the Flu Vaccine Consent Form for you to complete. These forms must be returned to your child’s school by 4:00 pm on October 16th. If the school nurse does not receive the completed permission forms by this deadline, your child will not receive the vaccine. We are unable to vaccinate anyone without completed paperwork. We now file most major insurances, check the website for specific insurances are in network. If you have any questions, contact your school nurse, Kim Ball at 654-3225.
- Thank you to all who have donated to the Goodwill trailer parked at school. It will be here until Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, so get those items you wish to donate to school before then.
Please remember the following safety tips and practices while at school. Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe, and although sometimes inconvenient, these practices are in place for everyone.
- Please remember that anyone signing out a student other than the parents must be on their green contact sheet in the front office.
- Everyone must bring proper identification to the office to sign a child out.
- Please do not let your children cross the school driveway road by themselves in the mornings or afternoons.
- In the morning car rider line, when the blue tardy sign comes out on the sidewalk at 8:00 am, parents must walk their child inside and sign them in.
These are measures that we all must take to ensure that are students are safe while here at school. Thank you so much for your cooperation in this.
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.