Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students – I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend. Here is your Marlow Monday Message for September 23rd:
- Tomorrow is Picture Day!! Please take advantage of this opportunity to order your pictures, as a portion of all picture sales goes right back to Glenn Marlow Elementary School. Orders can be made beforehand online at www.mylifetouch.com, or can be paid in full tomorrow with a completed order form. If you happen to miss the opportunity to order now, every student will receive a ‘proof’ and you will have the opportunity to order online at a later date.
- On Wednesday, Q1 midterms will be distributed/made available for all parents. Please take this time to talk with your child about his or her academic progress, your plans for continued success, upcoming class assignments, and strategies to improve performance as we prepare for your child’s achievement throughout the year. Grades 3-5 parents, if you are having trouble logging into the Parent Portal, please contact Karen Galloway here at school for further assistance.
- There will be a K-Kids Meeting this Thursday, September 26 from 3:00 – 3:45. We will hold our annual elections for officers. All permission forms are due at this meeting if they have not been turned in already. Please plan to pick your child up in the car rider line by 3:45. Thank you and we look forward to a great year in K-Kids.
- Elementary Night is this Friday at the WHHS Football game. All Marlow students will be given tickets to the game on Friday, and will be recognized beforehand on the field. We want to see a big Marlow crowd out there – hope you can join us!!
- The Marlow Dads ‘n Donuts group will have its first meeting this Saturday, September 28th, at 8:30 am at Kosta’s Kitchen in Fletcher. This group is designed for Marlow Dads to come together for connection, fellowship, and doing great things for our school. If you are unable to join us, but would still like to be a part of the group, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Fall Movie Night is coming up on Friday, October 4th. Students, join us for pizza, drinks, popcorn, and a movie with your friends from 6:00 – 8:30 that night. Flyers are being sent home this week. NEW THIS YEAR – All Movie Night payments will be online. More information to follow… Please make plans to attend today!
- Don’t forget about the Goodwill Donate to Educate trailer parked in the front parking lot at school program. We are asking all our Marlow families to donate clothing, shoes, furniture, unwanted household items, accessories, working appliances, and old computers to the Goodwill trailer, and in return, Marlow gets a monetary portion of the total weight back to support our school. So if you are having a yard sale, or just cleaning out, drop it off at the Goodwill trailer and give back!
- The Marlow Spirit Wear website is now live, and ready for consumers! Order your Marlow spirit wear today!!
- We have begun our collection of BoxTops for the 2019-2020 school year, but this year, we are collecting them a little differently. BoxTops are labels that can be found on hundreds of items that you find at the grocery store, and when collected, can be exchanged for money for our school. This year, we are going to collect all Box Tops electronically. All you need to do is download the BoxTops App on your phone, register with Glenn Marlow Elementary School, and scan your receipts every time you go to the store. After you upload them into the app, you will receive a confirmation email. Forward those confirmation emails to email@example.com to get credit for your child’s homeroom. At the end of each month, we will announce the BoxTops class winner, and they will be presented with a trophy for the month. Our goal this year is $3500, so start collecting today!
- Can I still bring in BoxTops to my child’s teacher if I do not submit them online? Absolutely! The more the better!
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.