Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students– I hope that everyone had a safe, restful, and wonderful weekend. It is hard to believe that we already into our 4th week of school! I am so proud of the work I see each and every day from our students! It is such a joy to walk into classrooms and see the engagement and activities our Buckaroos are involved in. Keep up the great work!
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- The Goodwill ‘Donate to Education’ Trailer will be here at Marlow beginning this Wednesday, September 18th. Come fill the Goodwill trailer with clothes, household items, furniture, and whatever else you have you want to donate to Goodwill! GMES will get a monetary percentage of the total weight of the trailer, so the more we fill it up, the better!! See the attachment for more information.
- Henderson County Department of Public Health School Nurses will be offering injectable flu vaccines at your child’s school during the school day. Flu is very contagious and children can be sick with the flu for a week or more, which may cause them to miss valuable school time. I would encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to have your child vaccinated. The flu clinic for Glenn C. Marlow will be on Tuesday, October 22nd. To access more information, go to the Henderson County Flu website, then click on “School Vaccine Clinics.” Please read the Vaccine Information Statement and Notice of Privacy. Your child will bring home a copy of the Flu Vaccine Consent Form for you to complete. These forms must be returned to your child’s school by 4:00pm on October 16th. If the school nurse does not receive the completed permission forms by this deadline, your child will not receive the vaccine. We are unable to vaccinate anyone without completed paperwork. We now file most major insurances, check the website for specific insurances are in network. If you have any questions, contact your school nurse, Kim Ball at 654-3225.
- Attention all Marlow Dads! The Marlow Dads ‘n Donuts group will have its first meeting Saturday, September 28th at 8:30am at Kosta’s Kitchen in Fletcher. This group is designed for Marlow Dads to come together for connection, fellowship, and doing great things for our school. If you are unable to join us, but would still like to be a part of the group, please send me an email at email@example.com.
- We have begun our collection of BoxTops for the 2019-2020 school year, but this year, we are collecting them a little differently. BoxTops are labels that can be found on hundreds of items that you find at the grocery store, and when collected, can be exchanged for money for our school. This year, we are going to collect all Box Tops electronically. All you need to do is download the BoxTops App on your phone, register with Glenn Marlow Elementary School, and scan your receipts every time you go to the store. After you upload them into the app, you will receive a confirmation email. Forward those confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org to get credit for your child’s homeroom. At the end of each month, we will announce the BoxTops class winner, and they will be presented with a trophy for the month. Our goal this year is $3500, so start collecting today!
Important Upcoming Dates
- Tuesday, September 24th: Fall Picture Day.
- Wednesday, September 25th: Q1 Midterms Distributed/Made Available
- Friday, September 27th: Elementary Night @ WHHS Varsity Football Game
- Friday, October 4th: Movie Night at Marlow!
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.