Good evening, Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message for Monday, August 26th, 2019. What a great first day we had today at Glenn Marlow!! We hope all of our Buckaroos had a great day as well, We look forward to the other half of our Kindergarteners coming tomorrow, and more great days to come this year!! A few reminders as we begin the new year:
- Our school day begins each day at 8:00. The doors open at 7:30, so if you are a car rider in the morning, please make sure you arrive on time. Traffic will get backed up on Butler Bridge Road, so please take that into account when bringing your child to school. We are always looking for parents and volunteers to help us in the morning opening car riders doors. The more help we have, the smoother our drop-off line will run. Once again, our tardy bell rings at 8:00, and a blue ‘tardy sign’ will be placed out on the sidewalk. If you see the blue sign out, parents must walk their child into the office to sign them in. Also parents, we ask that if you are walking your child into school, to please use the crosswalk to cross the road. This safety measure puts everyone crossing at one place and at one time when traffic is stopped. Thank you for your help with this.
- Our school day ends at 3:00. Again, if you picking your child up in the afternoon please make sure that you have your yellow car rider card for the 2019-20 school year. Parents with no rider cards visible will be asked to go inside and sign their child out.
- As a county-wide non-negotiable practice this year, all parents picking students up from school must show proper ID to sign their child out. Every parent. Every time. Also, it is preferred that no sign outs happen during the last 15 minutes of the day. Please utilize this time to pick your child up in the car rider line.
- Lastly, it is preferred that there are no changes made to a child’s dismissal plans after 2pm. Please refrain from making these last minute adjustments. Thank you so much.
- Attention all Kindergarten parents, as well as parents new to Glenn Marlow: our Marlow PTO will be having its annual BooHoo/WooHoo Breakfast this Wednesday, Aug. 28th beginning at 8:15 in cafeteria. After dropping off your child, please sign in at the front office, and head down to cafeteria to meet other parents, and learn more about our school, and how you can get involved. We hope to see you all there.
Beginning next week, the Marlow Monday message will appear on the website and come to you via email only, so please be sure you have updated email information in the PowerSchool system.
Thank you for all you do to make Glenn Marlow a special to learn and grow.
Have a great week.