Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message for Monday, May 13th. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend, and all of our Marlow mothers had a great Mother’s Day! I want to send a big ‘shout out’ to our PTO for putting on a great Staff Appreciation Week, and all the parents who came in throughout the week to help out, especially on Friday for the Staff Lunch. It was a great week, and we certainly appreciate you all!
Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
Ms. Stephanie Patton, our STEM Coordinator, and our Marlow STEM Club has partnered up with Two Men and a Truck in Fletcher to hold a ‘Movers for Moms’ campaign right here at GMES. ‘Movers for Moms’ is a campaign where we (GMES students and staff) collect much needed supplies for Safelight, a local shelter, and then Two Men and a Truck will come and pack everything up and ‘move’ it over to them. All items are welcome, however, much needed items include:
Laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, hair products, nail care products, snacks, twin bedding, standard pillows, Q-tips, Ziploc bags, non-perishable items, cups, plates, pans, shower curtains, personal care items, women’s and children’s underwear, socks, crafts for kids, notebooks, towels and washcloths, shampoo and/or conditioner, garbage bags, and books.
Donations brought to GMES can be dropped off in Ms. Patton’s room on the 400 hallway. An electronic flyer for ‘Movers for Moms’ will be submitted through Peachjar, our electronic flyer system. Thank you for supporting a great cause!
It is hard to believe, but the 4th Quarter midterms will be distributed and/or made available tomorrow, Tuesday, May 14th. As always, parents, please take this time to talk with your child about his or her academic progress, your plans for continued success, upcoming class assignments, and strategies to improve performance as we prepare for your child’s achievement throughout the year. Grades 3-5 parents, if you are having trouble logging into the Parent Portal, please contact Karen Galloway here at school for further assistance.
Marlow Field Days: As a reminder, the Marlow Field Days have been scheduled. Please mark these dates on your calendar:
- Tuesday, May 21st – Grades 3-5 / Ms. Taddei’s Class
- Wednesday, May 22nd – Grades KI – 2 / Ms. Alexander’s Class.
- May 23rd and May 24th are rain dates, respectively.
If you would like to help out with Field Day, please contact Brandi Delancey, our PTO Volunteer Coordinator, or Mr. Bryan Vaughn, our PE teacher here at school. Thanks so much!!!
Parents, if you have any student cafeteria charges that are unpaid, please try and have them paid as soon as possible. Thank you!
All library books need to be returned to the Media Center by Friday, May 31st. Please help your child make sure every book they have checked out is accounted for and returned by then. Materials that are lost or damaged must be paid for before the end of school.
Please note the upcoming events as we enter the final stretch of the school year:
- Tuesday, May 14th – Q4 Midterms Distributed/Made Available
- Tuesday, May 21st – Grades 3-5 / Ms. Taddei’s Class Field Day
- Wednesday, May 22nd – Grades KI – 2 / Ms. Alexander’s Class Field Day
- Monday, May 27th – No School for Students or Staff (Memorial Day Holiday)
- Tuesday, June 4th – G3–G5 Math EOG
- Wednesday, June 5th – G3-G5 ELA EOG
- Monday, June 10th – G5 Science EOG
- Tuesday, June 11th – Kindergarten Graduation – 10am in the Gym
- Tuesday, June 11th – ‘Step Up to Third Grade’ for Rising G3 parents – 1:30pm in the Theater
- Thursday, June 13th – G3/G4 Honor Roll Recognition Ceremony – 5:30pm (Gym)
- Friday, June 14th – Last day of School (Noon Dismissal
- 5th Grade Graduation – 8:30am in the Gym
Thank you for all that you do. Have a great week!