Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message for Monday, April 29th. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend, and is looking forward to another great week!!
The Marlow PTO and I would like to take a minute to say ‘Thank You!!” to all of our sponsors and donors that made our Marlow Mustang Derby a HUGE success!!!
A Marlow ‘Shout-Out’ goes to:
Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More
Blue Ridge Orthodontics
Carolina Albea Orthodontics
First Restoration Services
State Farm Agent: Chris Moore
First Aid Collision
Publix Super Markets
The UPS Store of Arden
Poppy Hand-Crafted Popcorn
Fields Jaguar / Land Rover of Asheville
Mills River Dog Camp
Ingles – The Pilgrim Family
Foot Rx and Aaron Saft
The Kovalcik Family and Buddy the Horse
And to all the parent volunteers who came out to work the Fun Run!
THANK YOU ALL!!! We truly are a community of excellence!!!
Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
-Attention Marlow K-Kids: Please be sure to turn in your permission form for the field trip on Thursday to Ms. Clark or Ms. McCutcheon this week (before Thursday). Thanks so much!
–Attention 5th Grade Students and Parents: This is a reminder to all 5th grade (Rising 6th grade) students and parents about Band/Strings sign up sessions at Rugby Middle School for next year. Sign-ups are this Wednesday, May 1st, at 4:30pm and 7:00pm at Rugby Middle School in the Cafeteria, located at the top of the stairs once you enter the front door. At the meetings, staff members will help fit students to an instrument, as well as give you all the information you need for the first day of Band or Strings. If you are unable come to either of the sign up meetings on Wednesday, please contact Ms. Saunders, (firstname.lastname@example.org) the band director at RMS, or Ms. Dennis, (email@example.com) the strings teacher at RMS, as soon as possible to ensure your child does not miss out. Students may not start out as beginners in the 7th grade, so they must sign up now. If you have any questions, you may contact Rugby Middle School at 891-6566. Thank you.
– STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK – Next week, May 6 – 10, is Staff Appreciation Week here at Glenn Marlow. All next week, we are asking our students and parents to show how much we appreciate all the Glenn Marlow teachers and staff. Please join me in saying ‘thank you’ for all that you do each and every day. They truly make a difference the lives of all our students, and are integral part at making Glenn Marlow the Amazing School it is today! Parents – Next Friday, we are having lunch for the staff and allowing our teachers and assistants to have duty free lunch. If you are able to come in Friday and help supervise lunches, please contact Martha Dotti, our Classroom Captain Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, in advance, for your help.
– Marlow Field Days: As a reminder, the Marlow Field Days have been scheduled. Please mark these dates on your calendar:
- Tuesday, May 21st – Grades 3-5 / Ms. Taddei’s Class
- Wednesday, May 22nd – Grades KI – 2 / Ms. Alexander’s Class.
May 23rd and May 24th are rain dates, respectively. If you would like to help out with Field Day, please contact Brandi Delancey, our PTO Volunteer Coordinator, or Mr. Bryan Vaughn, our PE teacher here at school. Thanks so much!!!
– Lunch Overages: If you have any student cafeteria charges that are unpaid, please try and have them paid as soon as possible. Thank you!
– And lastly….Parents, as we enter into a busy time of year with lots of school events going on, please make sure that your child’s ‘Green Sheet’ and Check-out information is up to date. Remember that ONLY THE PEOPLE LISTED ON THE GREEN SHEET (WITH VALID ID) CAN CHECK-OUT A STUDENT FROM SCHOOL. Thank you for your help in keeping our school and students safe.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a great night!