Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message on this Monday, December 3rd. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!
Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
– MOVIE NIGHT is this Friday, Dec. 7th!!!! Parents, what an opportunity you have to get some Christmas shopping done, enjoy an evening out, or run those last couple of errands before the weekend. Be sure to return the Movie Night flyers back to school no later than Friday morning, Dec. 7th. We hope to see all of our Buckaroos there!!
– As a reminder to our 3rd, 4th, 5th grade, and Ms. Taddei’s class parents, don’t forget to get your sign-up sheets turned in for the Christmas lunch on Wednesday, December 12th. We hope to see you all there! Also, we are in need of volunteers that day to help serve food, as well as deliver lunches to K-2 classrooms. If you can help out, please contact Brandi Delancey, our PTO Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Thanks so much!!
— The staff at Glenn Marlow Elementary is once again going caroling throughout the Marlow District!! Yes, that’s right, our staff is loading up the bus and heading out to sing Christmas carols to our Marlow students and community. On Monday, Dec. 17th, we will be at the following locations:
- 5:40pm at the Emmanuel Baptist Church on the corner of N. Mills River and Pennsylvania Road
- 6:05 at the Mount Gilead Church, off of Highway 191
- 6:35 at the Boiling Springs Baptist Church on Fanning Bridge Road
- 7:00 at Tennis Ranch Road Apt. Complex off of North Rugby Road
- 7:20 at the Riverstone Clubhouse, and
- 7:40 at the Hollabrook Clubhouse.
Please see the attached flyer and spread the word! We hope to see you at these locations as we give back to you, and get everyone in the holiday spirit!!
– Glenn Marlow Elementary School is once again collecting used children’s books for the Smart Start book sale on Saturday, February 23rd. Proceeds from this sale are used to purchase new age-appropriate books, which are mailed to preschool children in Henderson County each month through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. Please deposit your donated books in the Smart Start collection boxes located at the front entrance and plan to attend the sale on February 23rd at Grace Lutheran Church. Thank you for helping our young children instill a love of reading!
– Don’t forget to visit the Lost and Found, located at the Gym entrance. This time of year, our lost and found grows by leaps and bounds because of the cold mornings and warm afternoons. Please check to see if any articles of clothing belong to your family. Thank you in advance.
– Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 19th!!! Moe’s Southwest Grill, located on Airport Road, will be once again hosting Glenn Marlow Spirit Night! Any and all patrons that visit Moe’s that day from 12 – 8 will have a percentage of their total bill go back to GMES! Remember, that day is a noon dismissal for the Holiday Break, so get to Moe’s for lunch or dinner, and support our amazing school!!
– Have you purchased your 2018-2019 Marlow yearbook yet?? We encourage everyone to order their yearbooks online, however, you can send in your order form if you so choose. Yearbooks start at $17, with add-ons available for additional charges. The price will increase to $20 after November, so take this time to order a Glenn Marlow yearbook today!
Thank you for all that you do. Have a great week!