Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message on this Monday, June 4th, the last Marlow Monday Message of the school year!! In this week’s Marlow Moments of the week, I want to say thank you to all who volunteered their time last week during our EOG’s. We had a very smooth couple of days, and this certainly could not have been done without your help. Thank you again! Our students worked hard, and we are all very proud of them and their accomplishments. Now, here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
– A reminder that tomorrow, Tuesday, June 5th we have our Kindergarten Graduation Program at 10:00 in the Gym. Also at 1:15 tomorrow, we have our ‘Step Up to Third Grade’ Program for all rising 3rd Grade parents. That will take place in the Theater. We hope that those parents involved are able to join us.
-On Thursday, June 7th, the 4th Quarter and All-year A-A/B Honor Roll Recognition Ceremony for 3rd & 4th graders will be at 5:30pm in the Gym. Invitations will be going out this week, so please make plans to attend. And lastly, on Friday, June 8th, we will have our 5th Grade Graduation at 10am in the Gym.
– As staff members begin completing their End-of-the-Year checklists, parents I a checklist for you as well:
If you have not already done so, please ‘check’ these items off beforeFriday, if they pertain to you:
- pay all cafeteria lunch overages to Robin Bryans, our cafeteria manager,
- return all library books and materials to the Media Center,
- collect all medications submitted from Nurse Kim in the front office, and lastly,
- complete a final check of Lost and Found before it is cleared out for the summer.
Thank you for helping us out by completing your End-of-the-Year checklist. We do appreciate all of your help and support.
– As we close out another outstanding year at Glenn Marlow, I want to encourage all of our Buckaroos to keep your brain and your body active this summer. There are several opportunities that are offered throughout the summer to keep our Buckaroos reading, improve their language skills, and be ready for the 2018-2019 school year. Students, feel free to send me a selfie or any picture that shows you reading this summer. It can be anywhere – so be creative!! Attach to it the hashtag, #marlowsummerreading, and send it to me via email, our school Twitter page, or drop it off. For all pictures submitted this summer, there will be a prize drawn and winner per Grade Level, so get those pictures in!!!
-Looking ahead to 2018-2019 school year, class supply lists will be posted on our website towards the end of June, so be on the lookout. Also, any teacher requests for next year need to be submitted to Mr. Hart in writing before June 30th.
It has truly been a great year. I want to wish everyone a safe and restful summer vacation. We look forward to seeing all of our rising Buckaroos back in Aug. 2018!
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.