Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, May 28th. We hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend, and from all of us at Glenn Marlow Elementary, we want to ‘thank you’ to all serviceman present and past for your service, dedication, and sacrifice to our country. We are truly grateful. In this week’s Marlow Moments of the Week, our 3rd – 5th graders had a great time at their Field Day, our KI students explored the animals and nature at the WNC Nature Center, and we ended the week hosting our 2018 Marlow graduates. It was yet another awesome week at Marlow, and now, here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
– We are gearing up for a great last two weeks of school. We have had a great response for proctors this week, and yet, still in need of about 8 more for Thursday. Please, if you are able to help out, contact Ms. Pittman here at school, or Kjersten Smith, our PTO Volunteer Coordinator. Your help is greatly needed and appreciated. As we continue to talk about testing, parents please know that students are not allowed to bring toys, electronic devices, fidget spinners, Fitbits, Smartwatches, or any other widgets into the testing sessions. These items will be confiscated if found. Thank you for your help ensuring our students are given the best testing environment possible.
As the EOG time is upon us, let me take this opportunity to send out a few reminders: Students, please make sure that you are getting a good night’s rest, eating a good breakfast, and dressing comfortably so that you can do your very best. Parents, please make sure students are getting to school on time to prepare for the day! Thank you for all of your hard work!
– A note from our school nurse, Ms. Kim Ball – A reminder to pick up any medication that you may have checked in earlier this year to the school. At the end of the school year, any medication that is not picked up by parent or guardian within 2 weeks will be destroyed. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse.
– Some important dates coming up as we enter the final weeks of the school year:
- Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony is on Tuesday, June 5th @10am,
- 4th Quarter A-A/B Honor Roll for 3rd and 4th grade students will be held on Thursday, June 7th @ 5:30 in the Gym, and
- 5th Grade Graduation will be held on Friday, June 8th @ 10:00am.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.