Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, February 26th. In this week’s Marlow Moments of the Week, 1st graders learned about our US Presidents, 3rd grade ELA students have been working hard on their “They Made a Difference” biography projects, we all had an awesome time at our Fun Run on Thursday, and our 5th graders had a grand time on Friday participating in Titanic Day filled with STEM activities, passenger research, and an ‘iceberg’ treat!!! Now, here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
– Spring Pictures are this Wednesday, February 28th. Lifetouch will be here to take class pictures and individual spring portraits. Order forms were sent home last week with your child. Just like in the Fall, parents can pre-order pictures online, order on Picture Day with payment include, or order online after picture day. Glenn Marlow does receive a portion of all picture sales, so I encourage everyone to order a Spring Picture!!
– We had such an awesome week while Boosterthon was here. It was a great event that could not have happened without the work of our staff, parents, and our PTO members. Thank you to all who made it a tremendous success!! And although we fell just short to meeting our school-wide goal, we are having a celebration this Friday with a school-wide Pajama Day!! Originally scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday), it has been moved to Friday. We also want to thank our community sponsors as well: Park Ridge Health, Air Vent Exteriors, Blue Ridge Orthodontics, Carolina Village, Black Orthodontics, First Restoration Services, Cruise Planners, Blue Ghost Brewing, Wilsonart, Keller Williams Professionals, The UPS Store, OneMain Financial, and Run828. Thank you again, sponsors! This was not a success without you!!
– Attention 4th and 5th graders!!!! Information was sent out last week to all 4th and 5th grade students and families with forms for the 2018 Marlow Run Club. In order to participate in this year’s Run Club, the form and payment must be turned into Mr. Kinsey no later than Wednesday, February 28th. Paper copies are available upon request. Please have your child stop by Mr. Kinsey’s room to pick one up.
– We hope to see everyone here next Friday, March 9th for Marlow’s Got Talent, and watch as our amazing students showcase their talents. We would like to invite all our Marlow families to come and enjoy a Chick-Fil-A supper beforehand, beginning at 5:00pm, and the Talent Show beginning at 6:00. Parents – please RSVP for dinner reservations no later than this Friday, March 2nd. Chick-fil-A plates are $5, and all proceeds go directly back to into our classrooms. Come on out! We hope to see you there.
– Attention Marlow K-Kids!! You will meet this Thursday, March 1st, in the Theater. You will begin making blankets for your Linus Project.
– And lastly, don’t forget about the Spring Scholastic Book Fair next week, March 5th – 9th. Join us for Family Night on Tuesday March 6th, from 5:30 – 7:30. We hope to see you there!
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.