Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, February 5th. In this week’s Marlow Moments of the Week, we want to send out a big Marlow ‘Shout Out” to the Marlow Spelling Bee Team, that, over the weekend, was crowned CHAMPIONS of the 2018 Kiwanis Spelling Bee. Great job to those team members: Eli Clonch, Ezekiel Fox, Carly Carter, Juliana Rapp, Lucy Sloan, and Timothy Eberhardt. The team was coached by Lynne Fender and Kathy Plount. Great job, team!. We are all very proud of you! Also last week, we recognized 197 students for 3rd – 5th grade A- A/B Honor Roll. Great job everyone!! Now, here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
– The second annual Marlow Family STEM Night is set for this Thursday, February 8th from 6:00 – 7:30. We have lots of great STEM activities planned that evening, and we hope you can join us! From Zaniac to the HC Robotics Team to Kids Yoga, a great evening has been planned for Marlow families to come learn all about STEM!! A flyer for STEM Night is attached to this email. We hope to see you there!!!
– Test proctors, calling all test proctors! Yes, it’s that time of year again. We are in need of volunteers for ACCESS testing, which are administered this time of year to our ESL students. Test days are Tuesdays, Feb 6th and Feb 13th, and Wednesday, Feb. 14th, with 2-hour testing sessions beginning at 8am and continuing throughout the day. Volunteers may sign up for more than one testing session if available, and proper training is provided before each session. Again, we are still in need of proctors for tomorrow and next week. You may contact Jo Pittman here at school, email Kjersten Smith, our PTO Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com, or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help out. Thanks so much you for help!!
– Marlow’s Got Talent, the one and only talent show for Marlow students, is quickly approaching. Flyers were sent home last week, detailing information about practices, rehearsals, and show time. If interested, please make sure that your child returns the flyer to your teacher no later than Feb. 19th (NOT MARCH 8th as it states on the flyer), where it will be turned into Ms. Karen Whiting, our Talent Show Coordinator. Please contact Ms. Whiting if you any questions, or for further information. The Marlow Talent Show is scheduled for Friday, March 9th.
– The Mighty Marlow Mustang Relay for Life Team is back and asking for your help in meeting our goal of raising $2,000 in the fight against cancer. All this week, for every $1 donated, we will send home a Relay for Life SUN/MOON on which you can write your child’s name. If desired, you may also add the name of a loved one you would like to honor or remember that has been affected by cancer. When returned, all of the SUN/MOONS will be placed in the halls of Marlow, signifying our fight against cancer. With every donation, you are helping the American Cancer Society save lives. Thank you so much for showing your support for this great cause!!
– And lastly, next week (Feb. 12 – 16) is Spirit Week here at GMES! Students are encouraged to dress up and show their spirit all next week. Here are the Spirit Days:
Monday – Sports Team Day
Tuesday – Grade Level Color Day (KI will wear purple, G1 will wear blue, G2 will wear green, G3 will wear yellow, G4 will wear orange, and G5 will rear red)
Wednesday – Crazy Socks Day
Thursday – Crazy Hat Day
Friday – Marlow Spirit Day
We hope to see everyone dressed up next week for Spirit Week!!!
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.