Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, January 22nd. It was great to see our Buckaroos back at school today after a week of inclement weather. As a result of the missed school days from last week, the following school calendar changes have been made:
- Friday, February 16th – originally scheduled as a noon dismissal day for students, is now a full student day.
- Friday, March 16th – originally scheduled as a noon dismissal day for students, is now a full student day.
- Friday, March 30th – originally scheduled as no school for students, is now a full student day, and
- Tuesday, May 8th – originally scheduled as no school for students, is now a full student day.
Please make sure you mark these changes to your calendar. You can also find the updated school calendar on the HCPS website.
As well, the following academic dates have now changed:
- The 2nd 9 weeks grading period, originally scheduled to end on January 19th, will now end on January 23rd.As a result, 2Q report cards will now be distributed/made available on Tuesday, January 30th.The 2nd Quarter A-A/B Honor Recognition is scheduled for Friday, February 2nd, beginning at 1:45.
- For grades 3 – 5, please be aware of the change benchmark and NC Check-In assessment dates happening this week and next.Teachers have included them on their weekly newsletters.
As always, if you have any questions regarding these changes, please do not hesitate to call the school.
– Our second annual Marlow STEM Night is almost here!! Please make plans to have your family attend STEM Night on Thursday Feb. 8 from 6 – 7:30. There will be some very cool STEM activities led by your favorite Mustang teachers for the entire family to enjoy. We will also have community members here such as the HCPS Robotics Team, Zaniac, Inspired Yoga, and Bionetwork here as well leading even more cool STEM Activities. To make STEM Night even better, please consider purchasing a STEM T-shirt designed by our very own 3rd grader Lillie Thompson. The link for the STEM shirts is below, and a portion of all T-Shirt sales go to help fund STEM Night and STEM Club.
– Glenn Marlow Elementary School is once again collecting used children’s books for the Smart Start book sale on Saturday, February 24th. Proceeds from this sale are used to purchase new age-appropriate books, which are mailed to preschool children in Henderson County each month through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. Please deposit your donated books in the Smart Start collection boxes located at the front entrance and plan to attend the sale on February 24th at Grace Lutheran Church. Thank you for helping our young children instill a love of reading!
– And lastly, the Marlow Kiwanis Kids Club will meet this Thursday, from 3:00 until 3:45.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.