Marlow Monday Message, January 8th, 2018
Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, January 8th. In this week Marlow Moments of the Week, 4th and 5th graders talked and wrote about their One Word resolutions for 2018, and a big Marlow ‘Congrats” goes to 3rd grader Lillie Thompson, in Ms. Ems class. Lillie’s STEM t-shirt design was voted the winner by our student body, and her design will be on the STEM t-shirts coming out soon. Congrats also goes to all the finalist: 1st grader Ambrin Saft, 4th grader Averie Russell, 3rd grader Aiden Kehrley, 4th grader Annabel Mills, and 3rd grader, McKenna Norman. Great job, everyone! Now, here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
– As a follow up to last week’s Monday message about winter weather, school closings and delays, it is imperative that parents have up-to-date contact information on file here at the school and in PowerSchool so that we can contact you if need be. If you have not been receiving SchoolMessenger automated messages, or would like to add a phone number to receive messages and emails, please call the school at 654-3225, and speak with our Data Manager, Karen Galloway. Thank you so much for help in this.
– Movie Night is coming up this Friday night, January 12th, beginning at 6pm. Those that signed up for the December Movie are already registered for this Movie Night. If you are already signed up and now unable to make it, OR you need an additional form to sign up for Friday night, please contact your teacher or Ms. Carly Owenby in First grade, and we will get it corrected. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!
– The Marlow Kiwanis Kids Club is sponsoring a canned soup drive to benefit Interfaith Assistance Ministries from now until January 18th.. They are asking for all students to bring in donations of canned soup, and place them the boxes located on each hallway. The goal for the K-Kids Is 500 cans of soup. Thank you so much for your help!
– The Henderson County Education Foundation is once again hosting “Food for Thought – Dine Out For Education” to benefit Henderson County Public Schools. All next week, January 15th – 19th, participating restaurants across the county will donate a percentage of sales to the HCEF. You can grab a frequent diner card; visit 5 or more locations listed, and be entered to win a prize. A flyer with all participating restaurants is attached to this email, and can also be found on the HCEF website, www.hcefnc.org. Thank you for your support!
-Marlow Dad’s N Donuts group will have its January meeting this Saturday morning, January 13th at 8:30 at the Mills River Restaurant for food and fellowship, as well as discussing some upcoming projects. We have a great group of Marlow dad’s that meet, so we hope to see you there. If you are unable to join us, but would still like to be a part of the group, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Please note that next Monday, January 15th will remain an Optional Teacher Workday, and there will be no school for students. Parents, please stay abreast of school calendar changes that will occur due to missed days because of inclement weather, as missed time will be made up later in the school year.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a good night.
HCEF Food for Thought Flyer