Marlow Monday Message, December 11th, 2017
Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message on this Monday, December 11th. In this week’s Marlow Moments of the Week, there were lots of Christmas sweaters being worn at school on Wednesday, our Kindergarteners were busy chasing the gingerbread man and treated to the Polar Express movie, our 4th graders presented a check to Blue Ridge Honor Air for over $1600 that was raised in our “Day of Change”!! We had an awesome night of talent for the 2nd grade and 5th grade plays last Tuesday night, and lastly, a Friday day off to play the snow and celebrate the three-day weekend!! Overall, it was another great week at Glenn Marlow Elementary School!! Now, here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
-Movie Night that was set for this past Friday night has been rescheduled for Friday, January 12th. Students who have already signed up are automatically registered for the January date. If you are already signed up and now unable to make it, OR you need an additional form to sign up for the Jan night, please contact your teacher or Ms. Carly Owenby in First grade, and we will get it corrected. Thanks so much!!
– The staff at Glenn Marlow Elementary is going caroling throughout the Marlow District!! Yes, that’s right, our staff is loading up the bus and heading out to sing Christmas carols to our Marlow students and community. On Monday, Dec. 18th, we will be at the following locations:
- 6:10pm at the Emmanuel Baptist Church on the corner of N. Mills River and Pennsylvania Road,
- 6:40 at the Boiling Springs Baptist Church on Fanning Bridge Road,
- 7:15 at the Riverstone Clubhouse, and
- 7:35 at the Hollabrook Clubhouse.
We hope to see you at these locations as we give back to you, and get everyone in the holiday spirit!!
– As a reminder to our 3rd, 4th, Ms. Taddei’s, and 5th grade parents, don’t forget to get your sign-up sheets turned in for the Christmas lunch on Thursday, December 14th. We are still in need of some K-2 parents to help deliver lunches to K-2 classrooms, as well as help in the lunchroom. If you are able help out, please contact Kjersten Smith, our PTO Volunteer Coordinator. We look forward to seeing you all there!
-This is the last call for checking the Lost and Found here at school before the holiday break. Lost and Found will be cleared out for the holiday break, so please be sure to check for clothing items there located at the Gym entrance.
– This Friday, December 15th, all Marlow staff members will be treated to a Christmas lunch here at school, and I need your help. I am in need of several parents from each grade level to come in and help me supervise students in the cafeteria during lunch while their teachers and staff members enjoy theirs. If you are able to help out, please contact me at the school, or send me an email at email@example.com. You may also contact Cheryl Whitaker or Wendi McCrain, our PTO Classroom Parent Coordinators. Come and enjoy lunch with your child and help our teachers and staff enjoy their lunch as well. Thank you in advance for your help.
– Mark your calendars for Tuesday, December 19th, Moe’s Southwest Grill, located on Airport Road, will be hosting Glenn Marlow Spirit Night! Any and all patrons that visit Moe’s that day will have a percentage of their total bill go back to GMES! Remember, that day is a noon dismissal for the Holiday Break, so get to Moe’s for lunch or dinner, and support our amazing school!!
Thank you for all that you do, and have a great week.