Marlow Monday Message, December 4th, 2017
Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message on this Monday, December 4th. In this week’s Marlow Moments of the Week, we had a cowboy walking around school last Tuesday, and holiday preparations are beginning here at Marlow – our third grade students created their angel tree and wrote about their favorite holiday traditions. Our 5th graders are reading and working through their unit on Homelessness with a variety of fiction and non-fiction texts, and will be working toward their holiday service project donating collected canned foods to MANNA Food Bank. And lastly, our kindergarteners are learning about 3-Dimensional shapes, and on Friday, students created their very own 3-D Shape Museum and guided guests through the classroom. Overall, it was a great week at Glenn Marlow!!
Now, here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
– This Friday is Movie Night, beginning at 6pm. Be sure to sign up and return your form to school no later than Friday morning, Dec. 8th. We hope to see all of our Buckaroos there.
– Tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 5th, Glenn Marlow will host an evening of plays, performed by our 2nd grade and 5th grade students. All have been working hard these last few weeks, and we hope everyone will join us. Second and Fifth grade parents, please be sure you child is outside the Theater door at the time listed on the sent-home flyer. If you need any additional information about the times of each class play, please call the school at 828-654-3225.
– Did you know that all Henderson County students have a library account with the Henderson County Public Libraries? Yes, students can visit any Henderson County Library or library website and check out books, access audiobooks and digital resources, computers, and more! Check out the Marlow website to get more information on how our students can utilize this great resource thorough the Student Access Program.
– Mark your calendars for Tuesday, December 18th, Moe’s Southwest Grill, located on Airport Road, will be hosting Glenn Marlow Spirit Night! Any and all patrons that visit Moe’s that day will have a percentage of their total bill go back to GMES! Remember, that day is a noon dismissal for the Holiday Break, so get to Moe’s for lunch or dinner, and support our amazing school!!
– As a reminder to our 3rd, 4th, Ms. Taddei’s, and 5th grade parents, don’t forget to get your sign-up sheets turned in for the Christmas lunch on Thursday, December 14th. We hope to see you all there!
– The Marlow K-Kids will be meeting this Thursday from 3:00 – 3:45 in Ms. Clark’s room. All K-Kid members are expected to attend.
Thank you for all that you do, and have a great week.