Marlow Monday Message, November 6th, 2017
Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message on this Monday, November 6th. This week, in our “Marlow Moments of the Week”, we want to highlight the Halloween Week we had here at Marlow. Students from the West Henderson High School SGA greeted our Buckaroos on Halloween morning with a little trick-or-treat. We also had Spider races going on in 5th grade, as well as special Halloween snacks throughout each grade level that day. Ms. Taddei’s class enjoyed their Halloween party at the Civitan Club, and First grade enjoyed writing and telling Halloween jokes and stories.
Now on to November!!!
Here is this week’s news and upcoming events:
-Our Turkey Trot Food Drive continues…we have a goal of collecting 600 items in our Turkey Trot Food Drive benefiting our Marlow Back Pack Bunch. In our first week of collection, we already have 124 collected items! Here are our donation totals as of Friday…K and Pre-K – 25 items, 1st grade- 35 items, 2nd grade and Mrs. Alexander’s class – 16 items, 3rd grade and Ms. Taddei’s class- 23 items, 4th grade – 25 items. We still have two weeks left for our Food Drive please send in items and encourage your child to drop them off in the Turkey box on their hallway. Make sure to check out the grand total poster outside of the cafeteria. We will send Thanksgiving food home to our Backpack Bunch families the week before Thanksgiving and the week before our two-week Holiday break. Thanks so much for your kindness!
– Our second annual ‘Day of Change’ is the Wednesday to honor our Veterans and raise money for Blue Ridge Honor Air. Blue Ridge Honor Air is a program where World War Veterans are flown to Washington D.C. to visit the memorials. Students will be coming home with a plastic baggie, and are asked to fill them with spare change to bring back to school on Wednesday. Thank you all for your support!
– Yearbook sales have begun. This year, all yearbook orders will be online. A flyer is being sent home this week with information regarding yearbook orders. Once again, all Marlow yearbook orders will be done online this year. Yearbooks start at $17, and can be ordered anytime online. You may also find this order form on our website.
–Next Thursday is Thanksgiving Thursday in our cafeteria. We are inviting KI, 1st, 2nd, and Ms. Alexander’s class parents to join us for Thanksgiving lunch. A parent RSVP sheet is coming home with our K-2 students. Parents, if you plan on attending, please return a completed form back to your child’s teacher no later than Tuesday, Nov. 14th. We hope to see you there.
Upcoming dates to keep on your calendar:
- Thursday, Nov. 9th – Grades 3-5 A-A/B Honor Roll recognition @ 8:30 in the Gym. Invitations will be coming home tomorrow
- Friday, Nov. 10th – Veteran’s Day Holiday – No school for students
- Next week of Nov. 13-17 – GMES Scholastic Book Fair , with Tuesday night, Nov. 14th as our Book Fair Family Night, from 5pm-7pm. Please make plans to attend.
Thank you for all that you do to help make Glenn Marlow an Amazing school. Have a great night. #WeAreMarlow