Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message on this Monday, October 9th, 2017. This week, in our “Marlow Moments of the Week”, we want to recognize:
– All of our parents and students who brought in BoxTops last week for the September submission. Thank you for clipping them out – our September winner was Ms. Broome’s class!! They will get to hold the trophy until next month. Keep bringing them in!!!
– Our Kindergarten students and parents are learning about Community Helpers, and a big shout out goes to the parents who have come in to speak with them about their jobs. Last week, the Kindergarteners got to take a walking field trip to the Mills River Fire Department and loved it!! They are building a love for learning! Thank you!
– A big thanks to everyone who purchased Poppy’s Gourmet Popcorn the last several weeks. Overall, we sold close to $15,000, almost at our goal. The date for pick-up is scheduled for next Thursday, October 19th. More details to follow. Great job Buckaroos!!
Now, here is this week’s news and announcements:
— Henderson County Department of Public Health School Nurses will be offering injectable flu vaccines at Glenn Marlow Elementary on Monday, October 23rd from 9 am – 12 pm. Flu is very contagious and children can be sick with the flu for a week or more, which may cause them to miss school. I would encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to have your child vaccinated. To access more information, go to www.HendersonCountyFlu.org , then click on School Vaccine Clinics. Please read the Vaccine Information Statement and Notice of Privacy. Your child will bring home a copy of the Flu Vaccine Consent Form for you to complete. These forms must be returned to your child’s school by 4:00pm on Thursday, October 19th. If the school nurses do not receive the completed permission forms by this deadline, your child will not receive the vaccine. We are unable to vaccinate anyone without completed paperwork. Insurance will be filed for Medicaid, Health Choice, BCBS-NC, MedCost and United Healthcare. If you have any questions, contact our school nurse, Kim Ball at 828-654-3225.
— Marlow Dad’s N Donuts group will have its second meeting this Saturdaymorning, October 14th at 8:30 right here at Glenn Marlow School. This Saturdaymorning, we will be having a workday here at school, getting our campus ready for Pumpkin Lighting, as well as some other beautification projects. Donuts and coffee will be served. If you are unable to join us, but would still like to be a part of the group, please send me an email at email@example.com. We hope to see you all here.
— As a few safety reminders for all –
1) Parents, please remember that anyone signing out a student other than the parents must be on the students contact sheet in the front office.
2) Make sure everyone is bring identification to the office, and lastly,
3) Please do not let your children cross the road by themselves in the morning or afternoon.
These are measures that we all must take to ensure that are students are safe while here at school. Thank you so much for your cooperation in this.
— Once again, save the date of Thursday, October 26th for our Annual Pumpkin Lighting Event, from 5 – 8 pm. Yes, you heard me correctly, 5pm – 8pm. Although Friday is now a school day, we are still having Pumpkin Lighting on Thursday, the 26th. Pumpkin Lighting is a great community event here at Glenn Marlow, filled with food, games, hay rides, raffle baskets, and much more. Make plans now to attend. We hope to see you all there!!
— Attention 5th grade parents – Due to the weather, Outdoor Ed has been postponed for tomorrow, Oct. 10th. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, October 19th. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Vaughn.
Thank you for all you do to help make Glenn Marlow an Amazing school. Have a great week. #WeAreMarlow