Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message on this Monday, September 11th. I hope that everyone had a safe and restful ‘long’ weekend. We had another great week last week at GMES, and here is this week’s news and announcements:
– Thank you to all who donated to the bottled and gallon water drive last week. In total, Glenn Marlow Elementary School donated over 100 cases and gallons of water to Hearts with Hands to the hurricane victims in both Texas and Florida. Thank you Marlow Community!!!
– Just a reminder that this Wednesday, Sept. 13th, our 3rd Graders will be taking the Beginning of Grade ELA Assessment, and we are still in need of test proctors – 3 to be exact. If you are available to proctor that morning from 8am till about 12pm, please call the school to let us know. Any and all help is great appreciated.
-This Friday, September 15th, Glenn Marlow will be hosting the Blood Connection ‘Blood Mobile’, from 8:30 – 1:30 in the bus parking lot. Any Marlow parents wanting to donate blood during that time, please call the front office and set up a time. All donors receive a $10 WalMart gift card that can be given to back to GMES or your child’s teacher.
– We have begun our collection of BoxTops for the 2017-18 school year. BoxTops are labels that can be found on hundreds of items that you find at the grocery store, and when collected, can be exchanged for money for our school. Our goal this year is $3500, so start collecting today! A reminder to only sends in BoxTops that have not yet expired, as those expired will not be counted towards our overall goal. At the end of each month, we will announce the BoxTops class winner, and they will be presented with a trophy for the month.
– I want to take a minute to commend all of our car riders in the morning. We have had some great mornings get everyone in the building before the 8:00 tardy bell rings, so keep it up. Please remember that parents MUST accompany their child in when coming in late. As well parents and to ensure student safety, please make sure that you have proper identification with you in hand when checking out students, especially in the afternoon. To make the car rider line go quickly and smoothly, we are also in need of some additional car door openers in the morning, beginning at 7:30. No experience necessary. It is a lot of fun greeting our students as they come in the morning, and you are finished quickly at 8am. Any and all help is appreciated, even if it is just for a few days. Thank you in advance.
– As a note to parents, because of the missed school day, we will continue our Specials Rotation as it states on the calendar. Tomorrow will be C day for Specials.
A few upcoming dates to remember –
- Tuesday, September 26th will be GMES Spirit Night @ Acropolis Pizza in Arden. Dine in, carryout, or delivery, a portion of the total sales from all Marlow customers will come back to GMES. Make plans to eat at Acropolis on September 26th.
- Wednesday, September 27th is Fall Picture Day
- Friday, September 29th is our first Movie Night of the year. Flyers will be coming home this week.
Thank you for all you do, and have a great week.