Historic Johnson Farm is a heritage education center owned by Henderson County Public
Schools and managed by the Historic Johnson Farm Foundation, Inc.
To provide cultural heritage experiences and educational opportunities for school children and
Preserving the Past to Enrich the Future
- To preserve the Farm as an example of a late nineteenth century and early twentieth
century farm and tourist retreat.
- To provide school children with a hands-on-learning site for local heritage and North
- To serve as a community museum and heritage center.
- To provide experiences that conveys the importance of preserving local heritage.
- To encourage opportunities for the property to be used as a teaching tool for
enrichment in the arts, literature, math, science, and historic preservation.
- To support environmental and agricultural conservation of endangered plant life on the
- To provide a site for teacher renewal and curriculum development.