Car Rider Safety
Your child’s safety is our top priority. Following these guidelines will ensure our students are safe at all times.
Traffic on Howard Gap Road can be heavy in the mornings and afternoon. Students must arrive at school by 8:00 to be on time.
- Unload by the curb at the front of the building anywhere you can see the blue line on the sidewalk.
- Be ready to unload quickly so traffic will move smoothly.
- All students will enter through the car rider doors. Adults entering the building must report to the office.
- Students eating breakfast should arrive by 7:45 a.m. and go straight to the cafeteria.
- Students arriving before 7:30 a.m. will need to enroll in PSAM. Students arriving between 7:30 – 7:50a.m. and not eating breakfast will be supervised in the gym.
- Upon arrival, cars will line up in single file around the parking lot to minimize cars stopping on Howard Gap Road.
- Cars will then be directed by staff members to form two lines in front of the school.
- Once all cars have been stopped, student names will be called and students will be directed to load.
- When all students are loaded, one side will be directed to start exiting the school followed by the other side.
- All car riders must be picked up by 3:30.
Any parent who walks up to car rider line will be asked to report to the office and we will bring your child in to you.