Welcome to the Etowah Elementary PTO webpage. You are important to our school, and we hope you are able to participate this year in our various events and activities.
As an organization we want to do all we can to make Etowah Elementary School a great success, and with your support we can.
2016-2017 Etowah Elementary PTO Executive Board
Vice President-Farrah Keener
Box Top Coordinator-
Our Facebook Page has changed: Etowah Elementary PTO Allstars.
April 4, 2017 Meeting Notes
From the March 7, 2017 meeting notes:
It was a great meeting Tuesday night! The meeting started with a performance by the third graders. 17 third graders were in attendance and they sang a fun Irish song called “McNamara’s Band”. They sang beautifully and then whipped out kazoos and even played some “air” instruments. Thank you so much to the third grade teachers and Mrs. Lachance for that wonderful performance, and a special thank you to Mrs. Martin who stayed to watch the kids while the parents participated in the PTO meeting. We had 37 in attendance!
Please see the school calendar to see activities already planned for the new year!
1. Friday Free Movie night. Doors open at 7pm and movie starts at 8pm. There are concessions that will be available to purchase. Pre-sale on meal plates at discounted price were sent home with students earlier this week. The movie is Zootopia. There is also a raffle!
2. Fall Fundraiser starts Sept 23rd-Oct 7th. Orders will come in the week.of Oct. 30th
3. Teacher Duty-free Lunches will be once a month on the last Friday of each month. The first starting on Sept. 30th. More info to come at next staff meeting.
4. Breakfast with Santa will be held on Saturday Dec. 10th. More info to come
5. Boxtops sheets for collection were put in the teachers boxes this morning. The class that brings in the most box tops gets a pizza party!
6. Capri suns are now collected in the lunch room (we get money back for the school for them just like the boxtops). There is a tub by the trash cans marked capri suns for the students. They do not have to empty or remove straws, just toss in the tub on way out.
Register your Ingle’s Advantage Card online at http://www.ingles-markets.com/toolsforschools/ or at your local store. A percentage of your total purchase will be given to the school.
Clip Box Tops for Education from General Mills products. Then, send them to school with your child to add to the classroom collection boxes. General Mills will give the school 10 cents for each Box Top for general school expenses. Ten cents does not seem like much, but with all of us working together it can add up. At the end of each month, box tops will be tallied.
Target offers two great ways to help our school: Target VISA and Target Card. ~Call 1-800-316-6142 or go online to Target.com/tcoe and link your card to Etowah Elementary.