Third-grade students receive extra attention in North Carolina because of the state’s Read to Achieve legislative initiative, a part of the Excellent Public Schools Act. Under this state law, third-grade students who are not reading at grade level by the end of third grade will receive special help, including summer reading camp and other interventions to make sure that they can read well enough to be able to do fourth-grade work.
- 2016-17 Read to Achieve Grades 1- 2 Results
- 2016-17 Read to Achieve Grade 3 Results
- 2015-16 Read to Achieve Grades 1-2 Results
- 2015-16 Read to Achieve Grade 3 Results
- 2014-15 Read to Achieve Grade 3 Results
- 2013-14 Read to Achieve Grade 3 Results
(Documents are provided and formatted by NCDPI)