A Super Food for a Super Kid
Of all the super healthy greens, kale is the king!
Benefits of Kale
- Kale is packed full of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup of kale is equal to a week recommendations for Vitamin K, A, and C
- Kale helps protect your eyes
- Kale has antioxidants that strengthens your immune system
- Kale helps grow healthy hair, skin, and nails
- Kale helps fight against diseases
- Kale is high in fiber and can lower your cholesterol
- Kale is good for weight management
Eat More Kale; Plant and Harvest Your Own
Kale grows best in the spring and fall and can tolerate all fall frost, and this hardy vegetable likes full sun. Kale can be harvested when the leaves are the size of your hand. You can store the kale in a plastic bag inside the refrigerator. The kale should last about 1 week.
Kale Chips Recipe
See the new “School Nutrition and Special Diets” page for meal planning guidance .
We are providing meal planning tools to help Students and their parents plan daily school meals that will fit their individual dietary needs.