Enrollment & Registration

How do I enroll my child at Atkinson?
Come the office of the school and complete required forms.  Please bring these required documents with you to register your child:

Student Information Sheet
Complete the Student Information Form 2015 online and print. Bring the completed form to the school when registering.

Official Birth Certificate
The preferred evidence of birth is a certified copy of the birth certificate. (Contact the school regarding other acceptable verification docu-mentation.) A certified copy may be obtained at the register of deeds office in the city of birth or go to Vitalchek to order government records online.

Proof of Residence
A utility bill with a physical address. If you are renting or staying on property as a migrant worker, you should complete a Form E, “Official Statement of Domicile Verification by Landlord” stating that you reside at that address. This statement does not need to be notarized. This form may be printed from http://www.hendersoncountypublicschoolsnc.org/administrative-services/admission-affidavits/, or obtained from our school. If you do not have proof of residence due to homelessness, please contact the Homeless Education Link Project (HELP) program at (828) 388-0266 or (828) 388-0294.

These required documents are desired at registration and will eventually be required :

Immunization Record (Link to Required Immunizations)

Social Security Number (Desired, but not required)

Can my child attend Atkinson if we live outside of the school district?
Yes. Complete a Reassignment Request found on the HCPS website. While it is our desire to accommodate as many requests as possible, we must be cautious not to exceed the space available at each grade level. Students requesting reassignment must be in good standing with their previous school, demonstrating good attendance and good behavior. Transportation to and from our school is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.

This page was last modified by Angie McClung on Oct 19, 2016 @ 8:34 am